Job Code: CD-RNN-01
Registered Nurse (32 hours/week)
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Operations, the Registered Nurse follows day to day instructions and guidance from the Lead RN and delivers direct care to paid, donors undergoing blood and/or tissue collections in an outpatient setting. The duties of the Registered Nurse fall into two main categories; those of general nursing and those of a hemapheresis clinician. The Registered Nurse also has a variety of administrative and non-clinical tasks. This individual must demonstrate personal commitment to quality and accountability while contributing to company objectives.
- Initiate, perform, and complete donor collection procedures according to specified policies and standard operating procedures.
- Follow established process flow to ensure customer orders are fulfilled and shipped timely.
- Perform and document pertinent assessments to establish donor eligibility and qualifications.
- Provide donor education as it relates to specific collection procedures ensuring the sustained reliability and safety of the donor base, this includes thorough explanation on collections process as well as reinforcement on commitment needed to program.
- Ability to analyze diagnostic laboratory data.
- Ensure donor safety including managing adverse events during collection procedures.
- Acts as a resource person to other clinical team members.
- Demonstrate effective and professional inter-disciplinary communication.
- Able to manage time effectively and establish efficient work flow on donor floor.
- Demonstrate competency and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to monitor daily schedule and coordinate daily workflow with front desk staff and perform all front desk duties as needed.
- Lead continuous improvement of practices, processes and procedures to further donor satisfaction, compliance, documentation and efficiency.
- Perform daily functions of the lead RN in the absence of the lead RN. Including, act as clinical point of contact during audits or clinical investigations.
- Promotes an atmosphere of open communication that facilitates staff input into decision-making, resolution of conflict, and collegiality among all team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current California Registered Nurse License .
- Current CPR certification.
- Minimum 4 years of full time clinical nursing experience required.
- Excellent venipuncture skills required.
- Prior oncology, Apheresis, blood bank, or dialysis experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Usually walking or standing to do work with some sitting, bending and stooping will be required.
- Work is performed in an environment that involves everyday risks and discomforts requiring safety precautions typical of outpatient medical clinics.
- Some pushing and/or pulling of wheeled equipment will be required, as well as some lifting.
- Tasks involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
Location: Alameda, CA
AllCells, LLC is an equal opportunity employer