Production Master Planner
Join us at AllCells and help shape the future of biotech. Our diverse backgrounds in hematology, immunology, biotech and business fuel our creativity to find new solutions for our customers. Whether it’s providing the highest quality cells to researchers around the world or supporting them in finding the next breakthrough, AllCells is looking for the best minds to help meet the changing demands of scientific research. At AllCells, you’ll play an important role in staying a step ahead of what researchers need, and shaping the processes and solutions that make their jobs easier. Come be a part of the future of AllCells.
As the Production Master Planner reporting to the VP of Supply Chain, you will play a major role in AllCells Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) process across our entire product portfolio. This role will be responsible for incorporating customer orders from our Customer Success team, demand plans from our Sales and Marketing teams, and understand the capacity capabilities and availability from our bicoastal operations and fulfillment teams, to create an overall master production strategy for raw materials, sub-assemblies and finished goods to support MTS and MTO demand.
This position will own development, implementation and maintenance of an item level inventory management strategy that optimizes inventory level targets, costs, plant efficiencies, and capacities through the S&OP process and will capitalize on opportunities for and/or mitigate risk to meet business goals. The role is accountable for establishing and enforcing written standard processes and leveraging technology to positively impact results.
The role will also interact with Quality and material management teams to assure OTIF KPIs. In addition, this role will be required to perform detailed planning scenarios and perform detailed analysis assess impacts and propose recommendations based on demand and supply scenarios defined within the S&OP process. The ideal candidate will come prepared for a fast-paced environment, be a self-starter, and possess a continuous improvement mindset.
- Develop full understanding and competence in production processes, supply chain capabilities and day-to-day production planning task execution.
- Incorporate demand plans into development and maintenance of production plans by product family and master production schedules for each SKU.
- Present production plans and MPS in the context of an S&OP process the corresponding implications on financial liabilities and inventory levels.
- Communicate monthly (or as needed) forecasts for critical materials to procurement for key suppliers.
- Lead continuous improvement of production planning tools and processes.
- Take action to improve production planning service levels, quality of work, and cost positions through process, supply or execution improvements while maintaining target inventory levels based on historical demand and demand forecasts. Document, communicate and follow-up on action plans to completion.
- Perform various scenario analyses related to capacity, new product introductions, E&O, and inventory levels as needed by management and executive teams.
- Be or become an expert in NetSuite planning tools, reporting, and MRP processes for enhancing the planning function and Supply Chain efficiency.
- Develop, measure and communicate production planning related KPIs, including landed/carrying costs, turnover, OTIF, labor utilization, safety stock, and total inventory.
Skills And Experience Required:
- Comprehensive understanding and application of principles, concepts, industry practices, and standards related to planning through MRP/ERP systems.
- Experience/working knowledge of NetSuite required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years experience as a Demand/Production Planner, Supply Planner, or similar role in a company with >50 SKUs in a biotechnology/life science field preferred
- APICS CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) Certification required
- Experience with planning of low variety/high volume or high variety/low volume/ETO required. Experience in both highly desired.
- Development and implementation of MPS or MRP processes within NetSuite desired.
- Well versed in balancing supply and demand to create executable schedules, shop floor capacity planning, management of load hours and systematic planning solutions to mitigate material constraints
- Mastery of spreadsheets, customized NetSuite searches and dashboards including creating models from scratch to perform custom analysis
- Demonstrated ability to lead trained and cross-functional teams and drive initiatives to implementation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including experience presenting to executive-level audiences
- Ability to develop new business processes and improve upon existing processes, to enhance efficiency and business outcomes
- Proven success working in businesses with evolving systems and data availability
AllCells offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For our full time employees, we offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer long/short term disability, 401K, HSA, FSA, vacation, sick, holidays, and a bonus program. We are located in Alameda, Ca and easily accessible from Bart and the Ferry.
AllCells, LLC is an equal opportunity employer