Certified Phlebotomy Technician/Medical Assistant
Join us at AllCells and help shape the future of biotech. Our diverse backgrounds in hematology, immunology, biotech and business fuel our creativity to find new solutions for our customers. Whether it’s providing the highest quality cells to researchers around the world or supporting them in finding the next breakthrough, AllCells is looking for the best minds to help meet the changing demands of scientific research. At AllCells, you’ll play an important role in staying a step ahead of what researchers need, and shaping the processes and solutions that make their jobs easier. Come be a part of the future of AllCells.
Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Operations and guidance from the Lead RN, this staff member will be performing phlebotomy and providing direct care to paid, healthy donors undergoing blood and/or tissue collections in an outpatient setting.
- Venipunctures and blood collection, donor/patient recruitment & retention, donor/patient database management, donor/patient screening, medical histories, vital signs, and bone marrow assistance. Incumbent is also expected to: manage donor/patient reactions along with consulting with Registered Nurse(s) or co-workers. Maintain safety and cleanliness of the Clinical Division. Work independently and consult with coworkers in a professional manner as needed.
- Initiate, perform, and complete donor collection procedures according to specified policies and standard operating procedures
- Follow established process flow to ensure customer orders are fulfilled and shipped timely.
- Perform and document pertinent assessments to establish donor eligibility and qualifications
- Provide donor education as it relates to specific collection procedures ensuring the sustained reliability and safety of the donor base, this includes thorough explanation on collections process as well as reinforcement on commitment needed to program.
- Match and place clinical research subjects with each study as needed.
- Screen donors via phone and in person, conduct medical history assessments.
- Assist physicians with bone marrow aspirations as needed.
- Recruit potential donors through our donation programs.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members and assists others in their task completion.
- Accurately enter data into the computer system on an ongoing basis.
- Manage and maintain the company subjects’ database to expedite and facilitate the clinical research work.
- Licensed Phlebotomist with minimum 1-year experience. This is a critical and non-negotiable requirement.
- Completion of Medical Assistant Program with minimum 1-year experience preferred.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR and AED) Certification.
- National Center for Competency Testing Certification required
- Familiar with HIPPA regulations and compliance.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Apps strongly preferred; willingness to learn additional job-relevant software (donor database management system, electronic medical records).
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
High School/ GED or higher college degree
Location: Alameda, CA
AllCells offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For our full-time employees, we offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer long/short term disability, 401K, FSA, vacation, sick, holidays, and a bonus program. We are located in Alameda, Ca and easily accessible from Bart and the Ferry.
AllCells, LLC is an equal opportunity employer