Work where your vision and expertise will be recognized and rewarded. We are looking for exceptionally intelligent, talented and enthusiastic individuals to join our fast growing team. If you have a track record of outstanding accomplishments, we'd like you to get in touch with us. We stand behind the quality, versatility, and reliability of our products and services, and we stand behind our team! AllCells offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please send your resume to HR@allcells.com and include the job title in the subject line. AllCells, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please review job description and requirements before applying.
The Bioservices Manager is directly responsible for completing customer service projects involving the use of human hematopoietic and immunological primary cells that support various life science industry applications. Primary responsibility include leading the Bioservices department focusing on understanding customer’s unmet needs, developing immunology and hematology-based assays such as Hematopoietic Stem Cell Assays and Flow-Cytometry Services, Cell Based Assays for Drug Discovery, In vitro Expansion or Differentiation, In vitro Characterization of Diseased Cells, and providing technical, and sales & marketing support. The incumbent demonstrates technical leadership by visiting customers, delivering presentations at scientific conferences, and working strategically with a cross-functional team to further develop market opportunities.
The individual also provides training at remote locations, collects user feedback, and works with management to incorporate this feedback in the form of product and/or technical literature enhancements. Other responsibilities include developing an outreach program to connect with the community and increase awareness of the use of AllCells products.
- Directly manage and conduct projects such as Hematopoietic Stem Cell Assays and Flow-Cytometry Services, Cell Based Assays for Drug Discovery, In vitro Expansion or Differentiation, In vitro Characterization of Diseased Cells in the lab
- Supervise other Laboratory Associates as required to complete Bioservices projects.
- Develop, plan, and execute training to sales force at remote sites
- Connect with users to understand their workflows, gather feedback, and provide end-user requirement documents to the internal development team
- Provide scientific support to users
- With management feedback, develop an outreach program aimed at increasing customer awareness and satisfaction, reaching out to new users, and providing feedback
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration across multiple disparate groups
- Maintain product knowledge and understanding of market applications and new developments
- Deliver presentations at major scientific conferences and customer sites
- Remain flexible to changing priorities and ideas while keeping project milestones on track
- Participate in sales & marketing activities
1. Qualifications include a PhD in a life science discipline. Work experience with CRO corporations is a plus. One or more years of successful service experience in life science research products is required. Other complementary skills include laboratory experience.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
3. Excellent customer-facing and presentation skills
4. Strong organizational and project management skills
5. Able to apply the most relevant scientific knowledge in human primary cells applications, drug screening, cell-based assays, stem cells, neuroscience, genomics, and other scientific research fields
6. Familiar with outreach mechanisms
Reporting to the VP, Corporate & Business Development the Quality Assurance Manager (or Sr. Manager) is responsible for managing the Quality Management System (QMS) to foster continuous quality improvement and customer satisfaction. The incumbent will work with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, and serve as the main point of contact for customer quality audits. The QA Manager (or Sr. Manager) provides quality system performance reports to management, identifies and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Management of QMS.
- Develop and maintain Quality Policy Manual, QMS elements e.g. document control, change control, quality records, corrective & preventive actions etc.
- Develop and maintain customer complaint system to ensure complaints are investigated and resolved in a timely manner, including written responses to customers, as required.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements .
- Develops and performs QMS training for employees.
- Conducts meetings to review status of key QMS indicators and performance, issues periodic reports to management.
- Sets goals for continuous quality improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Hosts customer & regulatory audits, as required.
- Assists with other duties, as assigned.
- 1. Bachelors Degree, preferably MS degree in a life science area.
2. Knowledge, experience, and leadership skills re. quality management system implementation.
3. Excellent writing and presentation skills, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
4. Ability to collaborate with department heads and meet timelines .
5. Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Minimum five years experience in a similar role (e.g. Manager level), or >8 years experience (Sr. Manager level) preferably with a life science research tools company. Less experience may be considered with CMQ, CQT, CQA, or CQE accreditation..
Reporting to the VP, Sales & Marketing. The Product Manager interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel, requiring the ability to work across functional groups. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of operating plans, competitive positioning and strategies, as well as best industry practices for developing, promoting, and selling human primary cells and related services to the life science market.
The incumbent receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to apply resources to meet goals and schedules. Key responsibilities include:
Product Profit & Loss (P&L) Management:
- Manage product lines including ownership and communication of P&L statements and reports.
- Apply life cycle management best practices, COGS and profitability analysis for product lines, inventory assessments, initial forecast, initial financial analysis (ROI), price variables, margin & profitability, and cannibalization effects.
- Develop product specifications, product claims content, and positioning statements. Determine list pricing (including annual list price), product name, discount guidelines.
- Develop product launch plans. Serve as Project Manager, as required. Create training materials and provide product/market orientation to staff and Distribution partners.
- Develop and support implementation of all aspects of market channel strategies, participate in Distributor support and management. Work with commercial staff to conduct market research, analyze market data, and develop actionable marketing & sales plans.
- Apply knowledge of market applications to develop product positioning strategies, participate in developing advertising & promotion campaigns, sets pricing strategies.
- Develop and communicate clear business strategies with an ability to implement initiatives centered on collaborations with key channel partners, R&D or commercial collaborations, licensing activities or product distribution agreements.
- Build and execute regional growth strategies in partnership with local sales force to meet new regional market expansion objectives.
- Business lead for evaluating, reviewing, shaping organizational effectiveness of the customized services business, working closely with sales staff to manage pricing and discount.
- Knowledge of market research and competing products, gather and interpret data including VOC to determine competitive landscape, market dynamics (size/growth/trends/drivers), and IP landscape.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) or Master’s Degree (M.S.) in life science discipline and previous life science industry experience are required. MBA and/or PhD degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline preferred.
At least three years in a similar role (>5 years for Sr. Product Manager) including strategy development, identifying new market opportunities and preparing marketing plans. Excellent communication & presentation skills, and demonstrated analytical, project management, and planning skills are necessary. Present business updates and proposed strategies to senior management. Proven ability to see new business opportunities, meet aggressive objectives, and develop strong working relationships. One must possess considerable skill in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
Marketing & Sales
AllCells, LLC is an Equal Opportunity EmployerHR@allcells.com